real life

(or something close to it...)

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I think I'm on a sugar high...

Today is my workmate's birthday. His partner sent him a huge bouquet of cookie flowers. Each cookie is probably 8 inches around. With frosting... TONS of really, good (not the sugary kind) frosting. He gave one to each of the rest of the office... I ate about half of mine and threw the rest away... It was delicious... and I'm SURE each cookie is like 900 calories... UGH. It wouldn't have been sooo bad... but I just had a small bag of M&Ms before the cookies arrived.

In other news... people have been emailing me to say "that's great" about my declaration from the other day. It's been fun. I'm honestly not sure what the future holds for him and I... This isn't necessarily a bad thing.. We just don't know. In general, how do people who haven't really dated.. are used to doing things on their own...make room for another person? How do you trust someone else again? How do you know when fast is too fast? Or what if slow isn't slow enough? How do you compromise? How to accept a complement? Or when to give a complement without truly wanting anything in return? How do you know when to be honest about your past? How much should you tell?

I haven't been sleeping well the past few days...mostly because all these questions keeping popping into my head. It's a new world out there.

And, in the end, I have to say ... God is in control. God is DEFINITELY in control of this. And I'm happy about that. I'm excited about this opportunity to learn more about myself and another person.

In other news...
1. Ordered my first Chicago White Sox t-shirt from mlb.com.. it's the breast cancer awareness tee. Very excited... so, I'll be able to wear it to the game in Baltimore.
2. Have my last overnight at the hospital this weekend. V.v. excited about that. I'm totally burned out and need a break from the place.

Ok... that's all of my ramblings for today.

Yea.. stop reading this... it's not that exciting...





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home