real life

(or something close to it...)

Saturday, June 17, 2006

My last night...

I'm at the hospital tonight... last duty night until at least September/October. It's 9.32 and so far only one page... For a Code Blue. So far tonight I've done the following:
1. called to see how my favorite 4yr old's first movie experience was... he didn't want to talk.
2. checked the score of the White Sox/Reds game... only about a million times.. last time I checked the ChiSox were down... I think they are totally uncapable of winning more than two games in a row.
3. called my friend J & left a message... He's out having fun rollerblading at this city wide event.
4. ordered, picked up, and ate a bunch of Singapore Noodles from the Chinese place across the street.. They were good but not nearly as spicy as I like them.
5. Skimmed the book "Chicken Soup for the Soul...for Nurses"... I think I've had enough touchy feeling stories for one night..
6. Checked my gmail account about a thousand and one times.
7. Drank a Diet Snapple and a Diet Dr. Pepper
8. Read every other blog that I can think of to read.

OK... you get the gist of my evening. It's been slow... but this is not a bad thing. Slow is a good thing in my line of work (albeit it.. volunteer).

In other news:

I saw "Cars" this afternoon. These guys at Pixar are amazing.. they are so creative. It was good.. definitely not my favorite Pixar (that honor still belongs to Toy Story) but it was entertaining and I laughed out loud more than once.

Ok.. that's about it for now. I'm tired of staring at the computer... I think I'll read my magazine now (Chicago magazine.. if anyone cares)

1 Comments:

  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Jeff D said…

    If you still have any left, please send me an invite to start my own gmail account. THANX!

    P.S. Have you voted for the ASG online yet? Deadline is this Thursday at midnight.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home